Children of First Responders Scholarship 2019
At Hill & Associates, P.C., we support the hard work put forth, sacrifices made, and acts of selflessness displayed by first responders on a daily basis. However, much of their dedication to keeping our communities safe happens behind the scenes and can go unnoticed. For this reason, we are proud to offer a $1,500 scholarship for college-bound or current college students who are children of first responders, as a way to show our support and sincere gratitude for their parents’ services.
To apply, applicants are asked to write a 750-word essay sharing their story by answering the prompt:
How has being a child of a first responder impacted your life for the better? How has it influenced who you are, how you grew up, and the decisions you’ve made?
Once all of the submissions have been received, a senior member of our staff will review the entries and award $1,500 to the one applicant who best demonstrates how being a child of a first responder has positively affected his/her life. The scholarship funds can be applied towards any school-related costs, such as tuition, boarding, school supplies, or books.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant is a U.S. citizen currently enrolled or about to attend an accredited community college, undergraduate, or graduate program within the United States
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA.
The applicant must then write a 750-word essay.
In order to apply for the Children of First Responders Scholarship, an applicant must submit the following items on or before March 31, 2020:
- A Resume, including up to date contact information
- A current academic transcript, clearly stating a cumulative GPA
- Documented proof confirming his or her parent’s status as a first responder (i.e. copy of badge # or ID).
- A 750-word essay describing how their parent’s occupation as a first responder has impacted their lives.
All information should be emailed to email@example.com on or before March 31, 2020. All submission emails should have the subject line “[Applicant Name] – Children of First Responders Scholarship.”