At Hill & Associates, P.C., we support the hard work put forth, sacrifices made, and acts of selflessness displayed by first responders on a daily basis. However, much of their dedication to keeping our communities safe happens behind the scenes and can go unnoticed. For this reason, we are proud to offer a $1,500 scholarship
for college-bound or current college students who are children of first responders, as a way to show our support and sincere gratitude for their parents’ services.
To apply, applicants are asked to write a 500+ word essay sharing their story by answering the prompt:
- How has being a child of a first responder impacted your life for the better (i.e. how has it influenced who you are, how you grew up, the decisions you’ve made, etc.)?
Once all of the submissions have been received, a senior member of our staff will review the entries and award $1,500 to the one applicant who best demonstrates how being a child of a first responder has positively affected his/her life. The scholarship funds can be applied towards any school-related costs, such as tuition, boarding, school supplies, or books.
To Be Eligible, a Participant Must:
- Be graduating high school in 2018 or currently enrolled in an accredited technical school, college, or university in the United States;
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Have a parent with a proper first responder certification (Police, EMT, paramedic, firefighter, and other emergency personnel); and
- Submit a 500+ word essay.
To Apply, a Participant Must Submit the following:
- Submit a 500+ word essay by May 1, 2018;
- Provide his/her first name, email address, home address, and phone number listed at the beginning of the essay;
- Include a copy of his/her transcript or any form of attendance verification at an accredited postsecondary institution; and
- Submit documented proof confirming his or her parent’s status as a first responder (i.e. copy of badge # or ID).
- ALL INFORMATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com
- There is no printed application – all necessary information is on this page
- We will not accept any CD-ROMs, letters of recommendation, resumes, or other documents
- Do not call asking where to send submissions. Please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We strongly recommend you submit your information as early as possible.
Congratulations to our 2018 winner, Ms. DeLong. Visit our Facebook page for more details about the 2018 recipient.